Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bite Size Apple Pie

As soon as I came across this recipe for Bite Size Apple Pies on my most favourite website, Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.

It wasn't until the night of the Golden Globes that I finally got a chance. I love the Golden Globes; the stars, the fashion, George Clooney - it's always a good time. But, it's always so looong, so I decided to watch and bake. It was a great decision because within the first hour I was more than a bit restless...

Here is my latest Adventure in Pinterest:

The ingredients

1 c. sugar, 2 tbsp cinnamon (I added more because I love the spice!)

A little buttah - 3tbsp to be exact

After spreading the buttah over the dough, sprinkle on the sugar and cinnamon

Add some apples

And you're ready to roll (see what I did there)

All rolled up an ready to go - bake at 375F

Mid-way through the baking process - about 7 minutes in the oven at 375F

NB: I followed the directions on the crescent dough package, which was a mistake - the moisture in the apples required me to bake them much longer than the Pillsbury-suggested 13 minutes at 375F. However, I do not suggest putting them in longer AND turning the temperature up - this was a huge mistake; I'm impatient, what can I say?! The next time I make these - and I definitely will - I'll just leave them in the oven for a little bit longer.

The final product:


I wish I could describe how amazing they smell as they cook - my apartment has never smelled warmer. But even better, they tasted amazing!

My work lunches just got a whole lot sweeter!

Editor's note: I made these again this past weekend, but omitted the butter - I highly recommend making them this way. A bit healthier and just as tasty. mmm.

Follow Petite Adventures:
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

3 comments:

  1. These look amazing. I was looking for a way to make apple pie the other day without using pie crust. I think I'll have to try this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely trying this out next week.... they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...