These houndstooth cropped trousers are one of the three pairs that I bought last week during the Shopping Binge of 2012 (I couldn't help it, they were all on sale and helped me to be one step closer to achieving my work style dream for spring/summer).
|Blazer - Talulua from Aritzia; T-shirt - Smart Set; Trousers - Jacob;|
Shoes, Earrings, Necklace - Aldo; Sunglasses - Joe Fresh
Let me count the ways that they won me over:
- They completely fit with my work style dream for spring/summer. And, will be incredibly practical next month when I travel to Toronto for my work's annual general conference (last year's looks can be seen here).
- They are the softest trousers I have ever come in contact with. They aren't as soft as cashmere, but for trousers, they are somethin' else. I want to compare their softness to Puffs tissues, but that just seems odd; completely accurate, but odd.
- I love that houndstooth is a pattern without being an offensive pattern. I'm little and don't want to be overwhelmed with pattern (at least not all the time).
- They go with everything. I've only had them for seven days, but have already come up with countless ways to wear them. Options galore!
- I don't need to have them hemmed - a miracle for a petite like me, because that never happens. Usually pants that are supposed to be cropped are full-length trousers on me - which makes me wonder if these are actually capris?! Oh well, they fit me the way I want, so let's just let that thought slide.
- I can't think of a six, but I have a thing about lists being odd numbers. So, there's that...
- Most importantly, I *really* wanted them.
So there you have it, an ode to my new trousers.
Follow Petite Adventures:
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST