Friday, February 15, 2013

Style Profile: Little Red Purse



Name: Leah Sandhu
Age: 25
Occupation: Owner of Vantage Events & Wedding coordination
Location: Toronto, ON

When and why did you start your site? 
I officially started my blog in October of 2009, but didn't really start committing time and effort to it until August 2010 when I needed a creative outlet.

How would you describe your site? 
Well, it started out solely as a fashion blog, but over time and as I've grown as a person, it has also become more of a lifestyle blog.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
I get my inspiration from other bloggers, pinterest, and other favourite sites.

Who are your style/beauty icons? 
Gillian Zinser - her effortlessly cool style is something I would love to be able to pull off. I also really love Mira Duma. She has the quirkiest fashion sense and I love that about her.


Describe your personal style. 
My style is a little all over the place, but in one word - comfort. I love big cozy sweaters, wool socks, and maxi skirts. I rarely wear heels, but I do love to dress up when the occasion arises.

What was the best style/beauty advice you were given? 
I can't help but quote Coco Chanel: "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off." I am all about simplicity, and I believe that a lot of women overthink fashion, so this is the best advice.

Where are your favourite places to shop? 
Hitting the mid-20's really changed how I think about clothes and wear I shop. So I try to stay away from Forever21 and instead head for H&M and Zara, and of course the thrift stores!


What are your favourite trends for this season? 
I really do love the burgundy/ oxblood (whatever name you want to call it) colour trend. I also do love the patterned pants since it's something that I can easily fit into my everyday wardrobe.

Style/Beauty Pet Peeve? 
My biggest style pet peeve is when girls wear leggings as pants, with a shirt that barely covers their bum! Also, knock off Ugg boots. They're bad enough as it is, but the cheaply made pairs are even worse because they fold to the side on heel and just look awful.

What do you never leave home without? 
My cell phone, Blistex lip balm, and a pack of gum.

What are your five essential items that you think every woman should own? 
A pair of black flats, black pumps, a trench coat, good stick of mascara, and a comfortable bra.

What is one of your goals for 2013? 
One of my goals this year is to really push myself out of my comfort zone in whatever I do. I want to experience new things and really learn to enjoy life to it's fullest!


Where do you see yourself and your site in five years? 
I honestly don't know where I'll be or what this little blog of mine will look like. I want it to grow with me and be a reflection of who I am. It's exciting to think of what new possibilities will be out there and what my interests will be, and that's what I'll continue to share with my readers.

You can find Leah online at www.littleredpurse.blogspot.com


Have a great weekend!

All images courtesy of Little Red Purse.



Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

14 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Hope you visit mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview.
    Kiss.

    Valeria
    International giveaway: http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your blog is so lovely and you' ve got such an amazing and unique style..i was wondering if you would to follow each other..what do you think? Let me know <3

    Http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post and I like all that outfits. Have a great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview!!!

    beautyofheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfits xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the oxblood pants too! one of my fav. colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the interview and chic little darling outfits! Love Coco Chanel and enjoyed the quote zoo much and it is so true!!!

    (='.'=)
    Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice look honey :)
    x the cookies
    much LOVE
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the outfits! Great style!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog!! Great post as well. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been reading Leah's blog for years - probably since my first six months as a blogger. I somehow lost track of her for a while... so many blogs, so little time, I suppose, although that's a bad excuse. Thanks so much for the reintroduction, Kate!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...