Friday, March 8, 2013

Style Profile: Smitten



Name: Jenna Stevie
Age: 23
Occupation: Student 
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

When and why did you start your site? 
I started it almost 3 years ago, I was a student and needed a creative outlet. I loved fashion and getting dressed but the University environment doesn't really allow a lot of outlets for that. 

How would you describe your site? 
My site is mostly outfit posts, but I try to do some remix posts showing how I've styled one piece several ways, as well as what's going on in my life. It's like a style diary!


Where do you get your inspiration? 
I get my inspiration from other bloggers, I love seeing how other people style things, as well as pinterest of course.

Who are your style/beauty icons? 
I really do admire other bloggers, Keiko Lynn is someone who's blog I've followed for years, not only is she incredibly stylish and beautiful it comes across that she is a genuinely nice and awesome human being. 

Describe your personal style. 
This is always so hard to describe, it really depends on the day I suppose. But in general I really love pairing girly pieces with masculine or edgy pieces, like a pretty lace dress with a leather jacket and studded boots. I also cannot resist a fun or quirky print, it's my weakness!


What was the best style/beauty advice you were given? 
Be comfortable and confident in yourself and you'll always look great. It's so true, if i'm comfortable I feel like a million bucks.

Where are your favourite places to shop? 
UrbanOutfitters (mostly the sale section), H&M, Thrifting, and the shoe store where i work

What are your favourite trends for this season? Well for F/W it was definitely Oxblood, faux fur, and for S/S I'm really looking forward to getting some pieces in that emerald colour, it's always been a favorite shade of mine. 


Style/Beauty Pet Peeve? Lululemon pants tucked into Uggs, which was basically the uniform on campus.

What do you never leave home without? 
My phone/iPod.


What are your five essential items that you think every woman should own? 
A flattering black blazer, a simple denim button up, great pair of dark jeans, a little red dress, and a striped skirt.

What is one of your goals for 2013? 
To move out of my parents house with my pup.


Where do you see yourself and your site in five years? 
That is a really hard question, I will hopefully be done my master's program in 5 years and be a registered psychologist, I am not too sure where that leave's the blog! I've been doing this for almost 3 years so it's hard to imagine not having it. 


Find Jenna online at:


Have a great weekend!


All images courtesy of Smitten


Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

16 comments:

  1. Oh yay, you featured Jenna! I've been reading her blog for years {literally} and I just love her style, she has the cutest collection of dresses :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful blog so I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Please feel free to check it out http://fiercefashionator.blogspot.ca/2013/03/please-share.html! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring me :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always impressed by style bloggers who can pose beside mounds of snow and smile like they're not completely freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are exquisite and right on point with your style!!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  6. she's so cute. i love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic blog! Keep up the good work :)

    http://kkristinak.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you have beautiful blog!
    Maybe you want to follow each other on bloglovin and gfc? check my blog and let me know! i would love it!
    http://velvetavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this interview. Thanks for the share.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, what lovely fashion shots.. great styling and especially in the snow!

    xo Cam

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.de
    @somekindofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for introducing me to a fabulous blogger :)

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say I just love her hair! Another great Canadian blogger to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post :) I will be checking out her blog. Great interview!

    www.style-me-yesterday.com

    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenna! Love her style! She's a great person, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read jenna's blog regularly and I always have hair envy when I check it out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...