|Photo courtesy of Raising Homemakers (and google)|
I'm so sorry for neglecting you lately, but I swear, it's not you; it's me.
Just so you don't feel so bad about yourself, here's a list of other things I've been neglecting:
- My apartment; it's a little more shabby than chic at the moment.
- My taxes; Dear Revenue Canada, I probably don't owe you money so please bear with me while I rack my brain trying to figure out what pieces of paper you want from me.
- My laundry basket; you've heard the stories before, my laundry basket and I have a love-hate relationship. Mostly it's just a hate relationship.
- The bridal shower that I'm co-organizing; I sent out invites, isn't that enough?! Apparently not.
- Planning my Scandinavian/Russian summertime adventure; I have flights, and that's about it. Accommodations might be a good thing to look into, but that's a job for future-Kate. Also, saving money for this trip has been a full-time job in itself. But a rewarding one.
- Words with Friends; I swear I'll play a word soon, mom!
- I bought a Kobo; this has taken my bookworm-ness to the next level!
Work has been insane these past couple of weeks and only promises to get busier. Monday to Friday it's crazy from 8:30 right through until 5 (and sometimes beyond). We're in the final stages of organizing an international conference, among other projects, and while this has been an amazing learning experience, its thrown a number of un-anticipated problems my way - including writer's block which hit mid-day Thursday and lasted all the way through the end of the week. Just perfect. Add to that I'm out of the office for two days next week attending the MarCom Conference at the Ottawa Convention Centre (can you say bad timing!?). While I'm incredibly excited to get my geek on, I'm already anticipating the chaos that will be waiting for me when I'm back on Thursday. Oh, and did I mention we've organized a media event for Thursday on Parliament Hill?! Le sigh.
On top of all of that I've started volunteering with a couple of awesome organizations; one charitable, one professional. So far it's just the beginning of my volunteering career with these wonderful organizations, but I can't wait to get more involved. I'm already so excited for what the future holds.
And then, there are the activities I do to keep myself sane - such as: running - I'm addicted. I'm slow, but I keep pushing myself to go further/longer, and according to PInterest, I'm already lapping everyone on the couch; adventuring with friends (my best friend is looking for a new apartment and sometimes takes me a long so she, and I quote, "won't get murdered." I'm not sure she's realized that I'm 5'2" and have the upper body strength of a fetus); and aiming to get eight hours of sleep (this almost never happens, but a girl can dream, right!?) Needless to say, that didn't leave too much for blogging, or putting together cute outfits at the end of the day.
But I promise you this week will be different. The sun is shining, the pigeon's are coo-ing (I live downtown, my access to chirping birds is limited), and I have no excuse to not to show this blog a little lovin'.
With that being said, off to the gym I go!
Let's get this weekend started!
Follow Petite Adventures:
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST