Monday, May 28, 2012

Rent to Own

There are many benefits of being a renter, for example if things break, I'm not responsible. However, there are also downsides, like you can never really make the space completely your own. I've done my best to get my apartment to be as *me* as possible, but it's not perfect.

This weekend, while trying to burn energy and time pre-race, I became obsessed with figuring out what little things I could do to make it the perfect living space. I DIY dyed some old white curtains and now have a new light green accent in my living room. I added new bathroom accessories, and cute polka dot liners to my kitchen cupboards. Small, but good changes.

All of this required an outfit that would let me run around with ease, while still looking cute.





Sweater - Zara; Tank, Blouse & Shorts - Smart Set; Espadrilles - Aritzia; Watch - Fossil

I'm so pleased with the way those small changes have made my space more *me*, but there are still so many things I would love to change, but don't want to put too much time and effort into a place that I might only be in for another year or two.

In the end I've just resolved just do my best to save money so that one day (hopefully soon) I can be a homeowner, and make a place really my own.

What are some of the ways you've made your space your own?

Follow Petite Adventures:
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are bananas, I love them so!

    I tend to use pictures and books to make a space more personal, they seem to keep me inspired always!

    Virginie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on running the 5K- I'm not a fan of running but I might do it if I could stroll the whole way! Love those espadrilles and the prints in your apt. I know what you feel about renting but it's oh so much cheaper than a mortgage (which I will soon know the horrors of!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...