Friday, November 30, 2012

Style Profile: the Fashion Kidd



Name: Laura Kidd
Age: 21
Occupation: Communications Assistant, The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

When and why did you start your site? 
I started my site in early October (last month) because I wanted to share my personal style, insights, and recipes with an audience. It's a creative outlet for me as well. 

How would you describe your site? 
I blog about my personal style, fashion, food, and lifestyle. 

Where do you get your inspiration? 
From friends, other bloggers, movies, music, and thrift stores.

Who are your style/beauty icons? 
My style icons are Madonna, Vivienne Westwood, M.I.A., Advanced Style ladies, and 50s Hollywood celebrities. 


Describe your personal style. 
My style is vintage/retro and loud. 

What was the best style/beauty advice you were given? 
People won't remember what brand you were wearing or how much you spent on your outfit, but they'll remember that you looked stylish and confident. 

Where are your favourite places to shop? 
Thrift stores, vintage stores, Joe Fresh, Zara, and H&M. 

What are your favourite trends for this season? 
Leather, fur, collar necklaces, ear cuffs and the colour burgundy. 

Style/Beauty Pet Peeve? 
Style: too many trends at once, not enough risk, too generic/boring, and plain cardigans. 
Beauty: over-tweezed eyebrows *can't stress that enough, hook-shaped eyebrows, no makeup at all.  

What do you never leave home without? 
iPhone, wallet, kleenex.

What are your five essential items that you think every woman should own? 
Confidence, sense of style, leather jacket, black pumps, bright coloured lipstick. 


Where do you see yourself and your site in five years? 
Myself: continuing to work/advocate for a cause (mental health) I care so deeply about and continuing to rock my thrift store finds. 
My site: Still running and inspiring people to live their best, and most fabulous life. 

What's on your nightstand? 
I don't and will never own one.

Tell Petite Adventures readers something random about yourself. 
I have a clone. 

All images courtesy of The Fashion Kidd.

Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

8 comments:

  1. Love knowing of another great ottawa fashionista!

    Thank you for these style profiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that confidence is one of her essential beauty items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your coat on the second picture! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post!

    www.hsquaredfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love finding out about people! This is great.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet another Ottawa blogger (even though I do have her on twitter ;) )
    Laura, how do you have a clone?! I am intrigued...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...