Monday, January 28, 2013

Pardon the Interruption




Dress - Old Navy; Wedges - Aldo
Watch - Fossil

Pardon the interruption last week, not only did Ottawa mistake itself for Siberia and we were treated to -40C temperatures, but what I thought was round two of the flu plague turned out to be a case of tonsillitis complete with a peritonsillar abbess. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say it's probably the grossest thing I've encountered in my short adult life. Needless to say I was in no mood for dressing up and taking photos - and you all probably wouldn't have wanted to see the photos anyways.

But, thanks to some amazing antibiotics, a couple of wonderful doctors, and days of rest, relaxation, home renovation shows, and popsicles, I finally feel like my old self. Let's just hope that that's it for a while: flu, tonsillitis, I think I've had my fill of sickness for 2013!

For my reintegration back into society, I decided to go for a basic ensemble with a bit of flare. I didn't want to give my co-workers the impression that I'd been having too much fun on my days off, so I settled on this basic cotton wrap dress from Old Navy. To give the outfit a little spice I threw on my Aldo stremlow wedges - because nothing says you're on the mend like a dose of citrus!


Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

36 comments:

  1. oh no! i'm so glad you are feeling better now! and you don't even look like you were sick at all. i love the almost all black outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh. I thought I was going through round two of the flu plague but it's more of a throat thing.. AHH! Sorry to hear you went through all that. Glad that you took the time to rest though! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, this year the flu is the worst - hope you're feeling better soon luv!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful dress!!! You look gorgeous!!! Very cute shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate! I'm sorry to hear that you were unwell, but you definitely look lovely in these pictures! The original shoes are the perfect accessory to style a classic LBD. Thank you so much for the kind comments on my blog...Take care, Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I LOVE this look! The pop of colour in those wedges is so fab!!! So glad to hear you are feeling better. Keep up taking care of yourself :)

    Darcy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh that ducks that you were so sick :( at least youdidnt have to venture outside during the freezing weather! Your hair looks great in these pics and the outfit is very elegant and classy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true; if I had to be sick ad stuck at home I was so happy it happened during subarctic temperatures week!
      Thanks hun!

      Delete
  7. Happy you're feeling better, love. Kick that sucker to the curb with your sunny disposition (and looks) and perhaps it'll decide that you're not to be played with ever again! lol.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit! That dress is really flattering on you! I think you deserve a break from sickness after all that - NO fun! Glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear you're doing better! I seem to have JUST come down with something myself so hoping I make a speedy recovery. On another note, you look so very chic here - love that dress on you!

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra - hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  10. love love and love this outfit. those shoes make the whole outfit so fun!

    Olive & Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress - love the pop of shoes :) Oh my, and I thought 20 degrees here is Philly was cold. Stay warm and glad you're better! Perhaps we could follow each other?

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shoes! I love how simple you have kept the rest of the outfit so simple to let the shoes steal the show!

    xx

    Erin @ www.truffles-ruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great! What a nice blog you've got here! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    xx Olivia

    Olivia's choice

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shoes!!Visit http://www.urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.mx and check my new post!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're feeling much better! The black dress is a perfect classic piece you get you going again. It looks so great on you. Your hair is looking really good in these pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well,hello gorgeous!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. The flu followed by tonsillitis? What an awful way to start the year... although on the bright side, things can only get better from here :) I love the pop that your wedges give this all black look!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cee!
      Not exactly the way I wanted to start the year, so I've decided to postpone it - 2013 starts now ha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...