Friday, January 25, 2013

Style Profile: Collegiate Chic




Name: Diana 
Age: 20
Occupation: Student
Location: London, England (but usually varying between Syracuse, NY, Chicago, IL, and NYC)

When and why did you start your site? 
I'm a magazine journalism student and we're constantly told to start blogs. One day I finally decided to take the plunge after perusing the blogsophere and finding myself wanting to be a part of this awesome world!

How would you describe your site? 
I like to have a good mix of fashion news, outfit posts, collages, and other random tibbits of life I find around the internet. What makes my blog unique is that I'm a college student and it's told from my perspective.



Where do you get your inspiration? 
Reading other blogs! I follow over 100 and they're constantly giving me fresh ideas. I also read a lot of magazines, which helps a ton as well. Last summer I lived in New York City and that was an amazing opportunity to learn and experience new things. This semester I'm living in London and I'm sure that this will influence my posts as well!

Who are your style/beauty icons? 
Anyone classic and timeless - Kate Middleton, Jackie Kennedy. I also love Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific.

Describe your personal style. 
I'm usually fairly simple and classic in my style. I like timeless pieces and I can air on the side of being more preppy, but I like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe as well.

What was the best style/beauty advice you were given? 
Look at what you're wearing and take off one piece. It's never good to go too crazy with accessories  in my book.



Where are your favourite places to shop? 
J.Crew, Madewell, Nordstrom, Gap, H&M, Zara, Forever 21, random boutiques in NYC, and my new London go-to is Primark. So inexpensive!

What are your favourite trends for this season? 
I love chambray shirts, pastels and floral prints.

Style/Beauty Pet Peeve? 
Light wash flare jeans make me gag.

What do you never leave home without? 
Keys, wallet, and cell phone - I'm fairly low maintenance when it comes to being on the go!



Find Diana online:


Would you or someone you know like to be featured in a Style Profile? Send an email to petiteadventures@gmail.com.

All images courtesy of Collegiate Chic.



Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

11 comments:

  1. I have to tell you, I've found so many amazing blogs through these profiles you do - thanks for keeping up with this feature! I can't wait to start reading Collegiate Chic :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her down-to-earth, classic approach to dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing me to Diana's blog! Such cute style and I love all her sun-filled pics.

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Cee. This is so great way how to share wonderful bloggers. So keep up with a good work and now I'm off to Collegiate Chic!

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so adorable! I'm checking her out right now!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the 2nd outfit best. and your hair is pretty nice

    answerisno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her fashion style! Her red skirt is so pretty and girly. I wish I was living in London like her, she's been to many amazing places.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love it! I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...