Friday, January 18, 2013

Style Profile: Poutine and Prada



Name: Sarah Winton
Age: 32 
Occupation: I'm temping at the moment. I graduated from the Publishing Program at Langara College in August, and I'm working hard to build a career in social media.  
Location: Vancouver

When and why did you start your site?
I started Poutine and Prada in the winter of 2010. I was working as an admin assistant, and I was desperate for some creativity! The blog was a fun way for me to express myself outside of a corporate environment. 

How would you describe your site? 
I focus mainly on beauty product reviews; however, you'll find a little bit of everything there. Fashion, fun, and the trials and tribulations of daily life are all things that I touch on. I try to keep it light. I really believe that it's important to laugh as much as possible, life is serious enough as it is!

Where do you get your inspiration? 
Most of my inspiration comes from people watching, I am forever noticing the details of other women's outfits and mentally cataloguing them. Quite often I'll compliment someone on their lipstick or top, and most of the time they mention where they got it. Living in Vancouver, I take public transit everywhere and, aside from providing reading time, my commute is a people watcher's dream! 

 Who are your style/beauty icons? 
Twiggy because I love the mod looks of the 60s. Audrey Hepburn because her style was just so classic, and all of the fabulous ladies behind the many fashion blogs I follow!

Describe your personal style. 
Classic and casual with a trend or two that suits me. Most of my outfits are made up of a couple of solid basics topped off with a few funky accessories and fun shoes. My look is a work in progress, I feel that I didn't really come into my own until about three or four years. I try to balance being trendy, fun, and age-appropriate.

What was the best style/beauty advice you were given? 
Never go to bed without washing your make-up off, wear clothes that fit properly (pieces that are too big or too small tend to look horrendous), and exfoliate!

Where are your favourite places to shop? 
Ebay, and American Eagle Outfitters, because their jeans are cheap and fit me perfectly. I'm from the Yukon and the shopping options up there are abysmal! Out of necessity I've learned to be pretty online shopping savvy! Some of my favourite online destinations include Boutique Onze (www.boutiqueonze.ca), Modcloth (www.modlcoth.com) of course, Etsy, and Simons (www.simons.ca). I also take advantage of flash sale websites such as www.beyondtherack.com, www.hautelook.com, www.thevolts.com, and www.modnique.com.

What are your favourite trends for this season? 
I'm loving oxblood, and I think peplum dresses and tops are fun. I'm also kind of obssessed with faux fur. I'm on the hunt for a stole, or a full-on fur coat... whichever I come across first!  

Style/Beauty Pet Peeve? 
Crocs! They are just so terrible. Truly hideous. *shudder*

What do you never leave home without? 
My watch, lip gloss, and my keys! 

What are your five essential items that you think every woman should own? 
A pair of jeans that fit like a glove, a classic blazer, a fun, bright pair of shoes, a really good mascara, and a bold lipstick.  


Find Sarah on social media at:
http://pinterest.com/sarahwinton/

Would you or someone you know like to be featured in a Style Profile? Send an email to petiteadventures@gmail.com.


All images courtesy of Poutine and Prada.



Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

7 comments:

  1. nice to meet u really love ur post..
    If u would like we can follow each other and visit our blog , it will be a great pleasure for us to know ur view about our new blog....

    Hugs, http://laviestsuperbe.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the name of her blog. i will have to go check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Poutine and Prada is such a clever name!!!!
    Great interview :)


    Love,
    613style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, lots of cute facts, me likey! :D You should check out my Céline inspired outfit post featuring their Palazzo pants from the show (thank god I got it 70% off at sales), tell me what you think even if you're only slightly provoked by it lol ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2013/01/dare-to-flare_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I totally agree - crocs are awful! What a clever name for your blog Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...