Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Red Pearls





Cardigan - Joe Fresh; T-shirt - Old Navy; Skirt & Tights - Jacob
Boots & Pendant - Aldo


 It seems like the theme of this week is: the uglier the weather, the brighter the clothes.

Yesterday, a day that called for freezing rain, I decided it was only fitting to wear my bright red pencil skirt to work. To let the red pop and be the focus of the ensemble, I decided to stick with classic pieces and monochromatic colours for the rest of the look. Throw in a few pearls and a golden leaf, and I was basically a walking billboard for spring - I really am doing everything I can to channel the warmer, dryer weather.

Some days all you need is a little pop of colour and a few pearls to take you away from the snow and sleet.

Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

18 comments:

  1. I love everything about this outfit, so chic. You have also just given me inspiration of how to wear my polka dot tights, so thank you for that! I need to go buy myself a red pencil skirt now haha :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend
    Giveaway Post >>> bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/love-dress-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely red skirt! I wish it was spring too :(
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna - at least we're half way there!

      Delete
  3. So inspiring honey,bravo!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been turning to bright colours more recently too. Must be the constant wish of spring! Love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha, I've definitely been doing the ugly-weather/bright-clothes thing too! It just seems to put me in a better mood. I LOVE your skirt. I can't believe I don't own a red skirt. I need to get one asap.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. Love the red skirt! It'll be perfect to brighten up any dreary days! And your necklace is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute outfit here! I agree, the colder the weather the brighter the clothes need to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love a pop of red in an ensemble! And I agree - the more dismal the day, the brighter the colours i want to wear to counteract the doldrums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've realized it's the only way to get through this bleak season. Plus, who doesn't love a good pop of red?!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...