Monday, January 9, 2012

Petite Adventures takes the West Coast

Although I was home for 19 days, I really have nothing to show for it. Most of my time was spent hanging out with family, eating, drinking, hiking with the dogs while singing David Bowie (my dad pretended to be annoyed, but I know he loooooved my high pitched rendition of "Young Americans" complete with dancing - ahh nature, so serene), and watching hockey - lots of hockey; I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here are a few snapshots from my adventures on the West Coast.


Pre-vacation - I decided the office holiday party was the perfect place to debut my new 'do.

My reading material for the five-hour flight to Vancouver. I wasn't prepared to cry (and to have to ask my hungover seat mates to grab me a kleenex) or finish the book before landing, but these things happen.

 In the car on the way to the ferry. There had been an accident earlier in the afternoon so we sat in line waiting to go through the tunnel for quite a long time - perfect for me to take snaps of my new Joe Fresh sunglasses.
 

Ben and Jake, the loves of my life, and the two laziest dogs in the world.

When not sleeping, Jake spends his time staring you down, in hopes that you'll say he's allowed to: a) eat, or b) go on the couch.


 New socks, very Aspen-esque.

 The monkey tree all decorated for the season.

When the torrential downpours force you to stay inside - and it's between periods - the only thing to do is wear your sunglasses and snap some pics.

 My stocking - the only one that survived the great crawlspace mouse attack on the early-2000s.

 
My uniform for the trip: t-shirt, cardigan, skinnies, scarf, sunglasses, and a top knot. Some might saying this is lazy, but I like to look at it as ultra-relaxed dressing.

About to leave for the spa with mama Petite Adventures on New Year's eve.
No make-up = large sunnies - we know how it's done.

New winter boots - because you know, Sidney, BC, is totally the hotbed for boots that will withstand
-33C temperatures. They were 40% off and small enough to fit my tiny size 5 feet, so I couldn't pass them up; packing them however was not such a good deal.

So there you have it, my snapshots from B.C. As I said, not too many pictures from my 19 days away, but I could totally give you an in-depth recap of "24/7: Road to the Winter Classic," any of the hockey game that took place during my vacay, or dissect Canada's various sports broadcasters, their strengths and weaknesses (James Duthie's my favourite, you?).

That's right, I had my priorities in order.

Follow Petite Adventures:
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | INTEREST

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing with bangs- seriously I LOVE the new hair-do!!! The decorated monkey tree is adorable and I spent a good chunk of my holidays singing high-pitch tunes also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a perfect vacation to me! I don't think I've ever seen you, you're gorgeous and bangs really suit you! Those doggies are soooo cute!! I love puppy dog eyes, they make my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...