Friday, January 20, 2012

Style Profile: rcsaveas




Name: Andrea Shoust
Age: 26
Occupation: Fashion Blogger & Teacher
Location: Toronto, Ontario (originally from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario)

When and why did you start your site?
RCsaveAS was created in March of 2011 – for as long as I can remember I have right-clicked and saved what I love about fashion - I decided that instead of continually punishing my computer’s hard drive and memory space I would create a blog to document my obsession. In many ways, it is my digital inspiration board!

How would you describe your site?
I think that RCsaveAS is an extension of myself – it represents what I love, and what inspires me, in the fashion industry on a daily basis

Where do you get your inspiration?
Street-style fashion blogs & fellow bloggers – they are often the most creative


Who are your style/beauty icons?
I have a serious thing for Leandra Medine (The Man Repeller) and Taylor Tomasi Hill – those women can do no wrong in my books!

Describe your personal style.
‘Chiffon meets Leather’ (if that makes sense lol) – I love feminize pieces but there always needs to be an edge to balance it out

What was the best style/beauty advice you were given?
Dress for yourself – and no one else…ever
and LAYER! I cannot express the power of layering – makes or breaks an outfit


Where are your favourite places to shop?
The bulk of my closet consists of Club Monaco, H&M, Wilfred, and vintage pieces

What are your favourite trends for this season?
1) Fur – which elevates an outfit to a new level of opulence in my books
2) Coloured Pants – totally having a moment right now


Style/Beauty Pet Peeve?
Cleavage – can’t stand it!

What do you never leave home without?
The basics: my iPhone, lipstick, wallet, and keys (duh!)

What are your five essential items that you think every woman should own?
1)    A leather jacket
2)    A gold watch
3)    A fantastic pair of sunglasses
4)    A killer statement necklace (I love Dannijo)
5)    A great pair of booties
…Can you tell I love accessories?


Where do you see yourself and your site in five years?
Doing what I am doing right now… teaching amazing people and having a creative outlet that I am passionate about – I love getting up each morning and being inspired by what the fashion world has to offer – it’s an incredible industry!

What's on your nightstand?
Bio Oil, Moroccan Oil, and J.R. Watkins Medicated Ointment

Tell Petite Adventures readers something random about yourself.
I was a former national athlete and professional swimmer (retired in 2007)
I also have a Masters Degree in Education.



All images courtesy of rcsaveas.



3 comments:

  1. Great feature! I'll be checking out her blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and I love this feature. Such a great way to promote individual style. I'll definitely be back for more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...