Tuesday, December 18, 2012

An Industry Event


 

Blouse & Skirt - Jacob; Tights - Sentiments from Zellers;
Boots - Aldo; Watch - Fossil

I'm not going to lie to you; I'm already in holiday-mode. With a mere 15 hours of work left (16 if you count lunch) before I jet off to the west coast, my brain is essentially mush. All I can think about is how close I am to vacation-time. So, you'll excuse me if this post lacks: a) creativity, b) humour, and c) a clever title.

I wore this look to an industry event last week. I figured it was the perfect opportunity to debut my new peplum lace blouse from Jacob. And I was right! An evening of cocktails and communications was the perfect time at which to wear this chic piece.

The only problem was that my name tag didn't really go with this look. Oh well; introducing myself verbally wasn't the worst way to spend the evening.


Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post :) I just followed you :)
    would you like to follow me back via bloglovin and gfc?
    Have a nice week!
    xoxo
    VIEWRAMA

    my
    fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful outfit! Love that top!!! Enjoy your vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I hate when the name tags with those lanyards ruin the look! Very cute lace top and I am also in serious holiday mode, but for once I'm staying put in Ottawa so that should be nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm so glad I'm not alone - although, these were the sticker nametags and I couldn't figure out how to put it on the shirt without it being half on my skin. Such problems I deal with ;)

      Delete
  4. Love that top! And I had to laugh at the lanyard comment. You have to go for the clip! That's key. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The clip would have been amazing! But, I had no choice - it was sticker or nothing and I really didn't want it half on my chest, so in the bag it stayed. Maybe next time I'll have more nametag luck.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely stunning,honey!Keep rocking;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think everyone is in holiday mode at this time of year... I've been counting down to Friday, when my holidays start, since two Fridays ago ;) I love this black and gray outfit. The lace detailling on your peplum blouse is just lovely!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks luv - hope you're having a fantastic start to the holidays!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...