Monday, December 10, 2012

Just in Time




Sweater - Zara; Dress - Banana Republic; Boots - Steve Madden


I gave myself last week off to wallow in the glory that is PMS (if anyone wants to dispute the existence of PMS, I would like to introduce them to last-week-Kate; she could have won any PMS-related argument, no contest.) From sad and irritation (which I took out on loved ones, sorry mom :s) to craving chocolate and salt (at the same time), you name a symptom, I had it. And, none of my usual remedies were working, so I spent most of the week (after work hours, that is) watching episodes of Intervention while shoving fistfuls of caramel popcorn in my mouth. It was sad and glorious all at the same time.

But, like any good storm, it passed and I'm back to feeling like my usual self - and, just in time! Saturday was my second shift with Dress for Success (DFS) and it wouldn't make for a very good experience to work in the boutique with an irritated, ragey Kate. I haven't been volunteering long, but I can honestly say it's one of the best, most rewarding things I've ever done - plus, it's fun! If I hadn't already been feeling better, my DFS shift wouldn't have definitely done the trick.

When I left the house early Saturday morning it was raining, but by the time I left the boutique huge snowflakes were falling from the sky. That's when I finally realized that the holidays are right around the corner! Just nine more days and this petite adventurer will be back on the west coast - if that's not a reason to celebrate, then I don't know what is!

Happy Monday!


Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

10 comments:

  1. nice dress, and haha pms, i was just having a conversation with a friend that male pms is worst than female pms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Male PMS (or manopause, as I like to call it) is definitely worse.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness...PMS- Its very real! My boyfriend is currently crying tears of joy that my mood swings are over..for now ;)

    Love the dress, a floral print always look fabulous with boots and a cardigan!

    Sarah XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back!!! You look lovely in this outfit!!! Great looking boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress! PMS sucks, but an excuse to eat chocolate is always good.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah thanks Kelly - and so true! I like your line of thinking :)

      Delete
  5. Hahaha lately I feel like I'm in permanent pms mode. I'm glad you're feeling better ;)

    Melissa
    http://miss-melissa.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...