Monday, February 25, 2013

My Loves and Loathes from the Oscar Red Carpet

The Oscar red carpet is one of my most anticipated fashion events of the year (second only to the Costume Institutes Gala). I can't wait to see what the stars are wearing when they step out of their limos. This year, I was a bit disappointed. While I thought many of the actresses looked stunning, none of their dresses were absolute show stoppers. 

Having said that, here are my top loves and loathes from the 2013 Oscar red carpet. 

Loves


I'm not the biggest fan of Jennifer Aniston, but this look blew me away! The colour is stunning and the shape is so classic.


I wasn't the biggest fan of this dress when I first saw it, but it grew on me. I love the simplicity of it, and Charlize Theron looks absolutely flawless. I can't think of another actress who could rock the Beiber haircut like her.


Jessica Chastain looks stunning - very Jessica Rabbit!


Jennifer Lawrence looks amazing!


I'm not sure what's going on with the ruffles, but this colour is fabulous!


Again, great colour.


I really like the detailing on this dress, although I wish it was a little bit longer in the front. It may not be the most stunning dress (and at first, I was not a fan), but I think a little interest goes a long way on what turned out to be a fairly plain red carpet. 

Loathes


I don't necessarily loath this look, I'm just disappointed by it. I thought Anne could have picked better. 


Not a huge fan of the fish scales, and it needs to be hiked up a couple of inches. 


Naomi looks amazing. This dress, however, is not great; it feels like two dresses sewn together. I would love it so much more if it was strapless sweetheart, or cap sleeved, but not both. Pick a side!


There are no words to describe how much I hate this look. I don't understand why she was on the red carpet in the first place, but then to pick this dress?! Let's just say I'm not a fan.

Who were your favourites from last night's Academy Awards?


 All photos courtesy of People.com

13 comments:

  1. Charlize Theron is one of my favorite.
    Great selection.

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best dressed for me is Halle Berry. She wore Versace sequin striped gown and she looked amazing. Second has to be Charlize Theron.

    I just did the post regarding Oscars too:-)

    Ewelina
    xxx
    dublinchiclifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was a great win for all three Jennifers that night!

    Esp. for J. Lawrence for both the Oscar win and the sartorial pick!

    Love this post hun!

    xox,

    ML

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually relly liked naomi watts' dress. i thought it was so unique. and jennifer lawrence and charlize theron were stunning, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture and Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive! They both looked beyond stunning! Great post!

    If you get a sec, please check out my latest post 'Black & White Combo' I would love to read your feedback.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your loves 100%, but I kind of really loved Naomi's dress too. However, I have to agree with all of your other loathes. That last one? EW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you across the board on all of this except for ONE major exception...Naomi Watts! I thought she looked stunning! But yes for everything else :)

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer Lawrence was my favorite! Great picks :)

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the Oscar dresses were nice but you are right there weren't many showstoppers. My favorite dress was actually Amy Adams!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all of your picks except for Naomi Watts--that dress was a bold choice and it fit her perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad to see someone else talking about Jennifer Aniston's look! She was my FAVORITE but no one seemed to focus on her! Such a stunning gown!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...