Friday, February 8, 2013

Style Profile: Marie a la Mode



Name: Marie Zydek
Age: 32
Occupation: Full-time: Buyer, Part-time: Wardrobe Stylist, Actor and Blogger
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

When and why did you start your site?   
Almost 3 years ago! Time has flown. I started it because I needed a creative outlet, a place to share my passions.

How would you describe your site?   
It's fashion-based but I also blog about cosmetics, celebrities, fitness, etc.

Where do you get your inspiration?   
Everywhere! Other blogs, websites, magazines, the media, instagram photos, T.V., film, the list goes on!


Who are your style/beauty icons?   
Style: Clemence Poesy.
Beauty: Cindy Crawford and Kate Winslet. Both age so gracefully and aren't afraid of a few wrinkles.

Describe your personal style.   
Hmmmm, that's hard. I dress according to how I feel. Being comfortable is most important to me but I also like incorporating trends and giving my outfits a little bit of an edge. And other times I'll feel really girly and put on a flowy dress and high heels.

What was the best style/beauty advice you were given?
Wash the makeup off of your face before you go to bed and always wear sunscreen!

Where are your favourite places to shop? 
Online: Shopbop and ASOS
In store: Zara, Simons, Top Shop, The Bay.


What are your favourite trends for this season? 
Structured, classic-cut coats. I have a lot of coats and they have to be warm because of the climate I live in! I also love faux fur during the winter.

Style/Beauty Pet Peeve? 
When guys wear baggy jeans and I can see their underwear. Like, really? Why don't you just wear the underwear and go without the pants then? Sometimes I get the urge to go up to those guys in public and pull their pants down and run away. That would teach them a lesson!

What do you never leave home without? 
My Marc Jacobs bag which has my whole life in it!

What are your five essential items that you think every woman should own? 

  1. A black blazer 
  2. A good pair of jeans 
  3. A classic white collared blouse 
  4. Beige and black heels 
  5. A Little Black Dress 
  6. A great leather bag 
  7. A black leather jacket. 
(sorry, I couldn't do just 5!)

Where do you see yourself and your site in five years? 
I hope to still be blogging, styling and acting in 5 years and I hope to be married with children by then.


Find Marie online at:
instagram: @mariealamode

Happy Friday!

All images courtesy of Marie a la Mode


Let's Connect:
BLOGLOVIN CHICTOPIA | FACEBOOK PINTEREST | TWITTER

10 comments:

  1. Hehe she sounds cool! I too have been tempted to pull the pants down on those horrible baggy pants wearers lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for introducing Marie! This was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her choice of beauty and style icons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is too cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! What a great interview. She sounds really interesting.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice post. She looks great. Have a nice weekend.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice interview. I'v just found your blog and I'm a new follower with GFC. If you want, take a look at my blog. Kisses from Venice.

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely interview. love the patterned pants she rocks!

    jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

    online vintage boutique: thriftandthecity.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...